Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stevie
Admin
Stevie

Forum Guide Empty
PostSubject: Forum Guide   Forum Guide EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:39 am

Hiya! For those of you who haven't used forumotion before... or even a forum (ahem mom) this is for you to easily understand.

If you click the "Profile" button in the tab, you can find all you need to understand how to change your profile. You can add a fancy signature, change your picture, modify your preferences, and all that fancy schmansy stuffs.

To start a new topic, search for the appropriate section to post it in, (for any topics that could fit into multiple sections, just choose which one you think is best and post it in there.) click the Forum Guide I_post button, you will see it located about here:

Forum Guide Untitl10

To add a reply, or join a conversation you can do so by clicking the "Post Reply" button found here:

Forum Guide We10

Now, in each topic you will see a "Quote" feature. If you click "quote" on anyone's post it will quote their text for you and open up the reply box. This is useful if you want to directly respond to any person in a conversation containing more than one person. This however can be confusing when first using it. When you click the quote button, you're going to end up seeing the reply box already filled with all sorts of nonsense, scroll to the bottom of that nonsense, hit enter to generate a space (make sure you hit enter AFTER "[/quote]") and type your response.

To add an image, feel free to click the Forum Guide Picture button, and place the url to the image directly in between "
Code:
[img]
" and "
Code:
[/img]
". To obtain the image url simply right click on the image you want to share, and select properties if you're using internet explorer and copy the image url, or if you're using google chrome just right click and select "copy image url". Usually it's best to just save images to your computer and upload via tinypic.com, mainly because it's not nice to shit all over peoples bandwidth. :P

You can also check out newest posts each day you sign on (instead of searching for them) by clicking one of these links:

Forum Guide Adsfws10

You can also notice new posts by checking out the icon on the forum homepage next to each category. If the icon is Forum Guide Snowfl10 then there are no knew posts in that section, but if the icon is Forum Guide Snowfl11 then there are new posts in that category. :)

Now if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I had to follow one of these stupid tutorials when I first started using forumotion as well.

(I'm sure you'll do just fine mom, it's easy once you do it more than a few times, I promise ;))
Back to top Go down
https://1200miles.forumotion.com

Forum Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome :: Introductions-
Jump to: